Blueberry Rest Program
Cost-share funding is available for winter cover crops planted on acres where blueberry plants have been removed in Delta, Richmond, Surrey, Pitt Meadows, and Langley.
Why plant cover crops?
Cover crops will protect and enhance your soil, improving soil structure, reducing erosion and building soil nutrients.
How much is available through this pilot program?
1. $75 per acre for planting winter cover crops in 2022
2. Enrollment is limited to 100 acres per grower
How the program works
- Call or email DFWT to secure your enrollment in the program
- Prep soil where blueberry plants have been removed
- Plant cover crops by October 8th, 2022
- Complete the two page Program Agreement and return to DFWT
This pilot program is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call or email DF&WT before initiating your project to ensure funding is allocated to your farm.
Payments will be made in December to support approved and implemented projects.